My first commissioned piece of art. My first stab at a big tapestry. And I've got 6 weeks from start to finish! The size is 30"x45". I don't have a 'name' for the piece yet, but the theme is mother earth goddess. I've almost got the loom dressed. The goal for today is to finish tying on the warp and get the header woven.
My tapestry bobbins arrived today! I ordered a couple of different types to try them out - all nice woodens ones from Louet. There's a definite similarity between this type and the knitting yarn bobbins I've been using. Here's a detail of an area that I'm not sure about. I like how it looks, but can't decide if it's the effect I want.
The tapestry is coming along nicely ... ... in the meantime I have a gallery opening Friday, Oct. 5. I'll be showing some of my new goddess images I've been working on.
Comments